Thread: Ge dishwasher not drying

Ge dishwasher not drying

Model Number: GDT580SSF2SS
    Brand: GE

I have a GE dishwasher, GDT580SS2FSS, that was working fine until it stopped drying. After a few tests we determined it wasn't the heating element or the thermostat, so it must be the control board. With the old board the dishwasher does currently wash, however isn't triggering the heating element. I ordered what the GE website calls for for that model which is the control board kit WD21X22276. Install the kit in its entirety, all the control panel buttons work, however nothing happens in the machine. When you open the door the control panel timer hasn't adjusted at all. So, thinking maybe I just got a bad board. Parts dr was very helpful and sent another straight away. Get it and same thing happens. Called GE after this thinking there's no way I got two defective boards, GE said the kit should be put together and plugged in and should work. Am I missing something? Could I have two bad boards from a bad batch? Anyone experienced issues with this model or control kit? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by bponeill18 View Post
    Model Number: GDT580SSF2SS
    Brand: GE

I have a GE dishwasher, GDT580SS2FSS, that was working fine until it stopped drying. After a few tests we determined it wasn't the heating element or the thermostat, so it must be the control board. With the old board the dishwasher does currently wash, however isn't triggering the heating element. I ordered what the GE website calls for for that model which is the control board kit WD21X22276. Install the kit in its entirety, all the control panel buttons work, however nothing happens in the machine. When you open the door the control panel timer hasn't adjusted at all. So, thinking maybe I just got a bad board. Parts dr was very helpful and sent another straight away. Get it and same thing happens. Called GE after this thinking there's no way I got two defective boards, GE said the kit should be put together and plugged in and should work. Am I missing something? Could I have two bad boards from a bad batch? Anyone experienced issues with this model or control kit? Thanks in advance.
    I have the exact same problem. The heating element test fine and I replace the temp sensor but that did not cure the problem.

I have the exact same problem