Thread: Samsung DV42H5200 runs but no heat - Tried all the TS steps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Samsung DV42H5200 runs but no heat - Tried all the TS steps

Model Number: DV42H5200
    Brand: Samsung

My Samsung electric dryer (DV42H5200) stopped making heat but everything else functions correctly. No error codes and drum rolls normal. I checked both legs of my outlet as well as at the dryer (just in case there was something bad in the power cord) and I have 120v in both legs. Next I checked the control board and when using a heated cycle the drum rolls and I get 120v at the AC line as well as the line out of the relay to the heating element. I pulled the heater assembly and get 9.3Ohm at the heating element, 0.0 Ohm (but shows continuity) at the High Temp switch, get 5.6 Ohm at the thermal fuse. Nothing shows its ground against the chassis and visual inspection of the heating element itself shows its dark but no breaks and nothing seems brittle. I'm completely lost to what to try next, highly annoyed as this is only 15 months old, far too early to have issues IMO.

Would love it if anyone can share some other ideas or if they happen to have the factory troubleshooting manual so I can make sure I'm looking at every possibility before putting it back together and get charged up the wazoo for a tech to come to the house.

Did you ever get this resolved. I'm having a similar issue. Heater, and thermostats on heating housing test ok.

Yes but my results are of no help to anyone, it essentially fixed itself. Something must've been loose as I broke down the entire dryer, tested everything and couldnt find an issue anywhere. I put it back together and low and behold it started to work again perfectly and havent had any issues since.