Thread: Frigidaire Electric Oven Won't Heat Past 195°

Frigidaire Electric Oven Won't Heat Past 195°

Model Number: LGEF3045KFK
    Brand: Frigidaire

Hi,

We've been having a problem with our 2 year old Frigidaire Gallery electric range/oven since the middle of last week. While the stovetop works fine, the oven will not heat past 195° F. When selecting Bake at 350°, the oven will click and appear to be starting to heat up. After 20-30 minutes it will reach between 190° and 195° and stay there. While usually there is a nice jump in temperature, now it goes up by a single degree at a time. Opening the oven confirms that it's less than 200° inside. Broil acts in the same manner - acts like it's heating up, but no rise in temp over 195°.

Visual inspection of the broil (top I'm assuming) element reveals no damage or corrosion. I have not inspected the bake element (bottom?) because there is a metal plate over it.

Based on reading the internet (dangerous) I've conducted the following troubleshooting:

Reset the double pole circuit breaker (40 amp x2). This was not initially tripped, but I've reset it several times. No effect.

Pulled the oven out and inspected the plug for damage - all good

Removed the rear panel and inspected the electrical connections from the wall. All are tight and no fraying/corrosion etc.

Breaking out the multimeter, I tested right and left inputs with power on and got 245-255 volts. Testing right and middle and left and middle i received and average of 125 volts.

With power off, I pulled the connectors for the bake (bottom) element and tested resistance. Showed 15-16 Ohms.

With power off, I pulled the connectors for the broil (top) element and tested resistance. Showed 15-16 Ohms.

At this point, I'm thinking it's the control board, since everything seems to test fine. Anything else this could be?

As a final note, due to storms in the area that week, our power went out 8-10 times over a three day span (before the no heating issue started). Wondering if that could be related?

Thanks for any help!

Doc
    Check the oven sensor for resistance.
    If it is OK then odds are it is the control board.

Temperature (°F) Resistance (ohms)
    32 ± 1.9 1000 ± 4.0
    75 ± 2.5 1091 ± 5.3
    250 ± 4.4 1453 ± 8.9
    350 ± 5.4 1654 ± 10.8
    450 ± 6.9 1852 ± 13.5

Im about to go double check everything just to be sure.

After baking at 1 temp for 2 hours, I switched temps to a slightly higher setting for breadsticks so maybe it did affect the temp sensor

My thinking was if both top & bottom oven went out wouldn't that almost 100% make it the control board since the temp sensors are separately wired. Im still trying to figure what caused the issue so I can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Doc
    backwoodsgamer

Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about.

Still trying to figure out what cause the problem so I can be sure doesn't happen it again. Check the stove sensor for prevention. My thought was that if both the top and bottom stoves go out, it doesn't make the control board since the temp sensor are wired individually.