Thread: HELP! - Samsung Dryer thermostat and heating element keep on failing

HELP! - Samsung Dryer thermostat and heating element keep on failing

Model Number: DV330AE
    Brand: Samsung

Moved to a new house about 3 months ago and the Samsung dryer is about 6 years old. Since moved in, I've already replaced heating element (1x), thermistor (1x) and Thermal fuse (2x). I replaced another thermal fuse this morning and it didn't even last one dry cycle. After reading several blogs, I will check the voltage first in the morning tomorrow to see proper voltage (240V) is flowing. As a desperate measure I'm thinking about ordering a new control board. I've already cleaned out the ventilation inside the dryer and to the outside (2x4" rectangular pipe goes up vertically to the roof).

Please help! Am I on the right track with checking voltage and replacing control board? Please advise what I need to check next. I don't want to pay $300+ for an appliance repair guy.

Doc
    The following may be helpful to you.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XdidFJ6SHRPVzg

I am assuming that the thermal fuses you are replacing are the ones on the blower.

When you set it to air only do you get just air?
    Also when you set to different temperature does it actually change the temperature?
    If not then it is probably the control board, either the heater relay contacts are welded together or the electronics that control the relay are shot (holding it on all the time).

You may want to recheck your vent system.
    Vents running through the roof are a pain.
    If you are just using a snake to clean it then often you just loosen some of the lint plug. Then when you turn the dryer on it pushes more lint up plugging the vent on the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by denman View Post
    The following may be helpful to you.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XdidFJ6SHRPVzg

I am assuming that the thermal fuses you are replacing are the ones on the blower.

When you set it to air only do you get just air?
    Also when you set to different temperature does it actually change the temperature?
    If not then it is probably the control board, either the heater relay contacts are welded together or the electronics that control the relay are shot (holding it on all the time).

You may want to recheck your vent system.
    Vents running through the roof are a pain.
    If you are just using a snake to clean it then often you just loosen some of the lint plug. Then when you turn the dryer on it pushes more lint up plugging the vent on the roof.
    Thank you for your prompt input, Denman!
    I checked the outlet voltage and it reads between 241-243. Would it be safe to go ahead and order a new control board? It's somewhere around $60 - $80 on Amazon. That's the last thing I can troubleshoot or replace. If not, I will need to call a professional appliance repair guy.

Let me know if you could think of anything else. Thank you again!

Doc
    Since you have checked everything else all that is left is the control board.

Quote Originally Posted by denman View Post
    Since you have checked everything else all that is left is the control board.
    Thanks again! I'll let you know how the dryer functions after I replace the control board. Stay tuned!