Model Number: RFG295AAWP
Brand: Samsung

Some of this may be a coincidence but I felt it best to include everything. I removed the ice bucket as the ice was smelling pretty bad. I kept it out to clean it and let it dry out / air out for about a day and also changed the water filter. When I put it back in it did not make ice, but I had to go out of town so I just let it go. While I was gone my wife called me and said the freezer was no longer freezing food and she pulled stuff out to get rid of it. I came home and tried to reset the ice maker (which I did) and check diagnostic codes (I see none, everything shows up as 88 88 or 0 0 depending on the mode. I turned off the power to the frig for 10-15 minutes to reset it and no change. I pulled apart the freezer today as many posts showed a frozen evaporator (I believe that is what it is), but mine is bone dry. The lines above it are cold though, not freezing, but cold. No idea how to fix this, but I'm very handy and with guidance I'm sure I can do most things. HELP PLEASE - wife not real happy right now. Thanks you in advance for your time and consideration.