Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samsung dryer DV220AEWXAA keeps blowing thermal fuse. What could be the problem?

I am showing the DC96-00887A fuse has this writing on the back "PTS12S" and "N160".
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12...page=36#manual

2nd pic from the top of the heating element. The Thermal cutoff and High limit fuse are rated @ 25 amps. The original fuse I pulled out had the same amp rating. The replacements that have been sent to me have a 10amp rating. The heating element is rated @ 5300 watts. When You convert that to amps it equals 24 amps when inputing 220vac. @ 230vac it drops to 22amps. The replacement is rated too low to handle this I am thinking. The link below is what was shipped to me everytime I ordered the replacement fuse for this unit. This is listed as an OEM replacement for this unit which I am starting to think is incorrect.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...02.4.68.hXURAL

I don't think it is incorrect. My guess is that either the information in that manual is incorrect or Samsung made a design change to the part.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

But as I stated, the original thermal fuse I pulled out is rated @ 25 amps Not 10amps like the replacement.

In fact the specs for the fuse PTS17S-N160 is rated @ 25 amps if You google the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson211 View Post
    Right on the back of it.
    I am having the same problem. Blew multiple thermal fuses. Replaced the heating element and that worked for 4 months and now am blowing the thermal fuse again. So I checked the thermistor and that was bad so I replaced that and the thermostat by it as well as the thermostat on the heating element. I have also verified my exhaust vent is all clear.

After replacing the thermistor, thermostat by it and the thermal fuse on the heating element I now have no heat again. All other components on heating element read resistance.

My dryer is also about 7 years old and is model DV331AEW/XAA.