Thread: [FIXED] Kenmore Elite

[FIXED] Kenmore Elite

Model Number: 795.731333.410
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Troubleshooting a side by side refrigerator with freezer in bottom tray. Front electronic display shows temperatures but is not cooling. Removed control board cover and checked fuses, they are ok. Amp metered compressor and shows .3 amps and voltmeter shows 36 volts. Any idea. This unit is brand new refrigerator.
    Last edited by nwhvacdr; 08-07-2017 at 11:34 AM.

There is typo in model number, should be 795.73133.410 not 795.731333.410.

Compressor is DOA and replaced with new compressor. Backordered for two weeks! Refrigerator runs like new again. I am going to cut open the dead compressor and see what I find. I will post what I find the issue.
    Checking

'60's, '70's, '80's, '84's are the most heavy duty residential appliances in my experience. Stick with mechanical controls.

Quote Originally Posted by nwhvacdr View Post
    Compressor is DOA and replaced with new compressor. Backordered for two weeks! Refrigerator runs like new again. I am going to cut open the dead compressor and see what I find. I will post what I find the issue.
    Cut opened the compressor. Disassembled the engine and inspected each part. No bearings in there, has 8 springs attached to the piston which is a linear motion along with north and south magnetics secured to the piston. Piston contains reed valve which is in good shape. Discovered a disc, the size of a quarter also made of plastic alike material which resulted in bad sealing during compression. Wont seal after compression which resulted in no high pressure discharge. That plastic valve as normal wearing out gives black gunk inside the discharge valve and chamber. It can clog up the strainer/drier/filter.

Case closed.
    Checking

'60's, '70's, '80's, '84's are the most heavy duty residential appliances in my experience. Stick with mechanical controls.

Thank you for the update, I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED. If you can, post up some pictures of the inside of that compressor.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter