Thread: LG Gas Dryer DLGX7601WE - No Heat

Question LG Gas Dryer DLGX7601WE - No Heat

Model Number: DLGX7601WE
    Brand: LG

5.5 year old LG DLGX7601WE gas dryer suddenly stopped heating. After some period of time, control panel would light up with “GAS” text and no other errors. After taking apart and running on timed cycle, I can see the igniter glow, but I can never smell/see gas, get that audible click from the valves, or ignition.
    After opening the thing, I noticed a good amount of corrosion on the outside of the drum, and on the sides/floor. Looking at all of the internal components, the motor looks perfect, and even the gas valves look unscathed. There is slight discoloration on the plastic of the valve 1 connector and a small I can recall putting a way too wet load into the dryer at one time thinking it shouldn’t have been a problem. I won’t be doing that again.

• Verified gas supply is working and line is good.
    • Verified zero resistance on blower thermostat, hi limit thermostat, outlet thermostat, and flame detect.
    • Verified correct resistance on igniter AND it glows properly during cycle.
    • Verified correct terminal resistance on both gas valves.

I ran a timed cycle with my multimeter probes on the valve 1 connector and saw little to no DC voltage. I repeated this on the valve 2 connector (waiting 10 sec after igniter off) and saw the same thing.

I found the service manual for the dryer and it appears the motor controls the gas valves? With the unit off/disconnected, I checked resistance of the terminals marked for the Motor, am getting 1.6ohms (under the 2-3ohm expectation in the manual). I checked resistance of the terminals marked for the Gas Valve, and am getting an Open Loop. Is this it? Am I dealing with a bad motor? Or are there additional tests I need to be doing here? For good measure, I took a look at the control pcb and see zero burn marks, and everything looks good.

https://imgur.com/a/1QGZ3T1

They use a centrifugal switch in the drive motor as a safety so that the dryer won't heat up if the motor is not running.

You could have a bad gas valve which unfortunately is discontinued for your model dryer.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter