Thread: [FIXED] 5d code

[FIXED] 5d code

Model Number: wtw6400sw0
    Brand: Whirlpool

I keep getting a 5d code. The pump is working fine to drain the water and there is no suds anywhere. The one problem I see is the agitator rotates back and forth but wont spin tub unless assisted. I took it all apart, it seems like the shaft has some playin it. Im thoroughly confused please help?

It is pretty common on this model washer for the "5D" "SD" error to show up when the tub bearings go bad. First make sure there isn't anything stuck between the two tubs and that you can rotate the tub by hand. Next grab the inner tub and you should be able to lift it up and down about 2 inches. This is how the tub engages and disengages during the spin cycle. If the tub doesn't freely move up and down, then the drive shaft is most likely corroded. When the tub can't freely float up and down it will cause this error code. To properly fix the problem you should replace the bearing kit which includes the drive shaft and the basket drive hub. Let us know what you find and how the repair goes.

These are the parts for your model washer:

Tub Bearing Shaft & Seal Kit - Part # PD00002260 (mfg # W10435302)

Tub Press Tool Kit - Part # PD00004958 (mfg # W10447783)

Basket Drive Hub Kit - Part # PD00024069 (mfg # W10820039)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thank you Doc Ryan washer is up and running! The problem was the basket drive hub!

That is great to hear! I am glad it was the cheaper part that fixed that problem. I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter