Thread: No Defrost ADC4 orange box Electrolux Frigidaire FRS series

Question No Defrost ADC4 orange box Electrolux Frigidaire FRS series

Model Number: FRS26R4CB1
    Brand: Frigidaire

Side by sidfe ADC 4 orange box defrost control originally fridge to warm freezer ok. Damper opening closing every 30 seconds or so . Ordered new damper . replaced still continuous open closing of damper. I opened Evap panel in feezer All frosted not ice frost pattern heavy . I defrost manual Silver .. Three hours heavy frost . the Evap fan stopped working I pulled put on 110V its on . So I got a new ADC4 orange box Imed upon connection I had a Evap Fan But still no defrost. the heater Shows Continuity and 23 ohms at 32 degrees or lower. Did I get a partially bad ADC 4 box?/..When I push the fridge light 5 times in 5 seconds it do not Force a defrost once it sounded like it But Ive a clear panel Temp on Evap area still no defrost What Am I missing here? The thermostat or sensor Tests good like in videos .and I do have pics .

Noticed today that pushing the light in fridge area 5 times in 5 seconds causes a clik to happen near cold control or somewer near they're.but still no heater either of them I don't see a thermal link in heat coil line.

Hi tomD,

These systems are kind of complicated to diagnose and I can't tell from your description of the problem if you have one or multiple problems. Below is a link to the service manual for this model refrigerator and this describes how certain systems work in the refrigerator which may help you troubleshoot your problem.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...3NPei1zSlRyR1U
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Ryan thanks a bunch for the manual will make it a bunch easier.. I've got cold and damper in fridge is every 30 secs open to close. Continuously. Fans are running cond and evap. Just no defrost I will force and measur voltage on brn wire which I guess carries 110 to element

Let us know what you find after going through the information in the service manual.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

You can count on it Doc

So far I've found out nothing I don't want to buy a new adc 4 box I'm looking one I can borrow. Or such I got no defrost still everything's new other techs. Keep saying something's connected wrong because of the damper in fridge openin and closing all time but I'm already adc4 and only 1 plug on the damper motor I don't have the other plug because I'm adc 4 3 and below had the two damper plugs . Really weird nothing ever been taken apart in fridge till I got it. Like another tech said the best stuff in 80's and manual controls equal no worries and cheap parts..

I do not see improper connections Not sure how I could the plugs have to match to connect and harnesses are short only go one way

What is the part number of the damper you replaced?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Lemme Chk Doc I know its Factory Electrolux It has the Two Switches on it But only 1 plug is used Im ADC 4 Factory So I do not Have the Extra Plug in my ADC 4 harness I do have a plug hanging in that area Its sposed to be Icemaker Heat or such I forget . But it was hanging on Dis assembly .and no Socket to fit it into.

Frigidaire 241600905 Damper Control Here it Tis Doc. Thanks

The fridge is working Every 8-10 Hours it seems I turn both dials Dwn Ht gun the coil 4 min . let stand closed 8 min for drips to stop /Dry coil. return to service . Until i can do better nothings spoiling

What seems Im hearing is the lil 50 Rpm pancake motor on damper is just running out on its cam till it slams shut 38 seconds Again The old seems to do same on bench I thought It would Run to a point set on Dial and Hold till temp achieved then Return to close no noise . The cam run out Is the noise Im hearing I belive Along With the slam of Spring loaded door.

According to your refrigerators model number, this model fridge should use part number 241600902 for the damper that has 2 switches.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Adc 4 only uses one switch or plug to the damper door motor .the white box before adc 4 used two connections my part came with a paper from Electrolux stating this was the most updated part for my model which is acd4 from factory Orange box. But I will try another if we think it might work.

Mine looks just like your link. Exactly and my harness I believe cover up the extra prongs with blank plastic plug installs only 1 way. And it works just won't stop cycling . Maybe have something to do with no defrost?

How many switches are on your damper?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ONE I DO BELIEVE and the motor conn the picture is accurate

The correct damper for your model refrigerator should have two switches on it.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com