Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [FIXED] Bravos XL detergent dispenser leak

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDark View Post
    [Today's Date: 6/5/2020] I have a six-year old Maytag Bravos XL Model MVWB880BW0 (excellent condition, maintained properly and only 2 loads a week, never over-loading either) and I put in a new Water Inlet Diverter Valve since people with the same description of the water leak problem said this fixed the problem. However, it didn't fix it for me. I don't see anything wrong with the dispenser trays (no cracks and water flows freely). I am at a lost as to what could be causing this leak in the front left side, under the washer, every time you run the washer. I understand that Maytag does not make this model anymore. Hmmm. I think I know why! Anyone have a clue what could be causing this? I still do see water droplets on the inside the machine wall during/after the wash. Not sure what is causing this or if it is related to the leaking problem.
    Attachment 911
    I would suggest the same thing that I did to the previous poster and that is to try to raise the washer enough so that you can look from the bottom up to see where the water is coming from.

How would I lift it?

Quote Originally Posted by bockek01 View Post
    I would suggest the same thing that I did to the previous poster and that is to try to raise the washer enough so that you can look from the bottom up to see where the water is coming from.
    Thanks for the suggestion. However, this machine is in a closet (w/ the dryer) on our second floor townhouse. As such, it sits in a tray, which is hooked up to a drain that comes out the side of the tray. I am 66 and not in the best of health. Do you have any suggestions for lifting this (Very heavy beast) in such a way that I could view the bottom? Also, I can’t lean the washer backwards as there is only 4 inches behind the washer to the wall. That would just barely raise above the lip of the tray.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6337BF6B-1672-4AF1-89A2-DD37C5967295.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	912

Yes, I agree in your instance that wouldn't work. I don't have any other suggestions. I discovered my problem by watching the water flow into the dispenser and saw that it was coming in too fast and overflowing the dispenser on one corner. The valve was my last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by bockek01 View Post
    Yes, I agree in your instance that wouldn't work. I don't have any other suggestions. I discovered my problem by watching the water flow into the dispenser and saw that it was coming in too fast and overflowing the dispenser on one corner. The valve was my last resort.
    I see. Interesting thing is that upon replacing the Water Inlet Diverter Valve, the flow to the detergent dispenser is slower and it doesn't appear to be overflowing, like with the original valve. However, I did notice that during the rinse cycle, the flow on the softener dispenser was so intense, it over-flowed, but most of it appeared to fall inside the wash basin. So, I'm confused. The water that falls on the floor eventually appears to evaporate. (And, it always concentrated on the left front side, eventually working it's way towards the middle.) It bugs me that when I initially changed out the valve, I ran a test cycle with towels. The only thing different was that we put the cycle on the Towel selection, instead of Normal wash. All appeared to go okay. There was some water on the bottom after the cycle finished, but I just assumed it was from the previous wash day, which was only two days previous. So, I'm confused and at the same time, extremely disappointed, given all the time and energy I have put into this repair project. Thanks for your help and understanding.