Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [FIXED] Bravos XL detergent dispenser leak

Question [FIXED] Bravos XL detergent dispenser leak

Model Number: MVWB850YW0
    Brand: Maytag

I noticed water on floor at front, left side of washer. I put washer on blocks and observed while doing load of laundry. I noticed water leaking as it was running water through the detergent dispenser. It was coming in so fast that it was overflowing the dispenser and splashing on the lid and that was dripping on the floor. Could a defective water inlet valve be causing this? I saw a youtube video that showed the problem I'm having, but there was no cause listed. Thanks for your help.

I don't think a bad water inlet valve would cause that type of a problem. If you pour water into the dispenser does it drain out at a quick rate?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    I don't think a bad water inlet valve would cause sn'tthat type of a problem. If you pour water into the dispenser does it drain out at a quick rate?
    Yes it drains quickly. I had the top open, doesn't seem to be any blockage anywhere. The video I was talking about on Youtube is titled "WHI Cabrio Overflowing Detergent Dispenser", this might give you a better idea of what I am talking about Thanks for you reply.

I posted the video below so others can reference it. In that video it appears that the dispenser is not draining the water fast enough and it is overflowing. Are you sure there isn't something clogged not allowing the water to drain fast enough?

Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I posted the video below so others can reference it. In that video it appears that the dispenser is not draining the water fast enough and it is overflowing. Are you sure there isn't something clogged not allowing the water to drain fast enough?

I will double check but the water seems to be coming in real fast compared to the way it flows when it goes thru the bleach or fabric softener dispensers. Thanks.

It's definitely not clogged. If the inlet valve isn't the problem and it's not clogged, would I be wrong in thinking there might be something in the dispenser itself that has caused the speed and direction of the water flow to change? I will take it off and look at it.

I took the dispenser off and checked it. Doesn't seem to be anything visibly wrong with. Ran water thru it with no noticeable problems. Put it back on and same problem. I have noticed that it only seems to run over when using warm water as opposed to cold only. The water pressure is stronger with warm water. The cold water comes close to running over but doesn't.

The detergent dispenser just has a hose attached to the dispenser, so I don't see too much to go wrong with it that could cause this type of problem. There could be some strange issue with the water valve or dispenser being bad that could cause the problem but I don't know see any way that you can test anything to see what is bad. If you think one of the parts might be causing the problem you could try changing them out one at a time to see if they fix the problem.

Water Inlet Valve - Part # PD00027362 (mfg # W10853723)

Detergent Dispenser Assembly - Part # PD00008893 (mfg # WPW10172154)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I just ordered the water inlet valve. I will let you know if that was the problem. Thanks again.

Sounds good!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Received the new water inlet valve, installed it and it seems to have solved the problem. The water is flowing into the detergent dispenser at a much slower rate and is not running over. I don't know what could have been wrong with inlet valve but it must have had something wrong with it. If someone else is having this problem they might consider this. Thanks again for the input.

Thank you for the update, I am glad to hear that the water valve fixed your problem. I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Same problem with detergent dispenser leaking

Thank you for the update, I am glad to hear that the water valve fixed your problem. I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    I’m having the same problem and I’ve changed the inlet valve but it didn’t fix it. I cant find a video on how to remove the detergent dispenser. Can you help?

Detergent Dispenser

[QUOTE=Tbates85;12729]I’m having the same problem and When youo have theI’ve changed the inlet valve but it didn’t fix it. I cant find a video on how to remove the detergent dispenser. Can you help?[/QUOTE,

I didn't watch a video. When you have the top raised it's fairly easy to see how to remove the dispenser.

[QUOTE=bockek01;12732]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbates85 View Post
    I’m having the same problem and When youo have theI’ve changed the inlet valve but it didn’t fix it. I cant find a video on how to remove the detergent dispenser. Can you help?[/QUOTE,

I didn't watch a video. When you have the top raised it's fairly easy to see how to remove the dispenser.
    Are there any other components that could cause this? The dispenser wasn’t cracked and didn’t appear damaged however it is still leaking from the front left.

[QUOTE=Tbates85;12739]
    Quote Originally Posted by bockek01 View Post

Are there any other components that could cause this? The dispenser wasn’t cracked and didn’t appear damaged however it is still leaking from the front left.
    Is the water leaking over the top of the dispenser or from underneath? Mine was overflowing from the water coming in too fast.

[QUOTE=bockek01;12747]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbates85 View Post

Is the water leaking over the top of the dispenser or from underneath? Mine was overflowing from the water coming in too fast.
    Mine is not over flowing. It only drips from underneath and pools approximately 1/2 a cup of water under the machine. its directly under the dispenser. I have replace the main tub seal, the inlet valve, and I can not find a leak or exact point of origin.

[QUOTE=Tbates85;12748]
    Quote Originally Posted by bockek01 View Post

Mine is not over flowing. It only drips from underneath and pools approximately 1/2 a cup of water under the machine. its directly under the dispenser. I have replace the main tub seal, the inlet valve, and I can not find a leak or exact point of origin.
    Is there any way you can raise the washer enough to be able to look up at the dispenser when water is flowing thru it, maybe a mirror if nothing else. Sounds like it almost has to be the dispenser itself or the hose connection.

[Today's Date: 6/5/2020] I have a six-year old Maytag Bravos XL Model MVWB880BW0 (excellent condition, maintained properly and only 2 loads a week, never over-loading either) and I put in a new Water Inlet Diverter Valve since people with the same description of the water leak problem said this fixed the problem. However, it didn't fix it for me. I don't see anything wrong with the dispenser trays (no cracks and water flows freely). I am at a lost as to what could be causing this leak in the front left side, under the washer, every time you run the washer. I understand that Maytag does not make this model anymore. Hmmm. I think I know why! Anyone have a clue what could be causing this? I still do see water droplets on the inside the machine wall during/after the wash. Not sure what is causing this or if it is related to the leaking problem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	911
    Last edited by PaulDark; 06-05-2020 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Correct Spelling errors

This video (in part) shows how to access the dispenser: https://maytagwasherxl.blogspot.com/...-diverter.html