Thread: KitchenAid KSGG700ESS0 F8E0 error

KitchenAid KSGG700ESS0 F8E0 error

Model Number: KSGG700ESS0
    Brand: KitchenAid

Hello,

I have a KitchenAid KSGG700ESS0 gas range that is about a year and a half old. Awhile back while trying to use the oven, an error code (F8E0) was displayed on the display panel and the oven shut off. The error code indicates that the cooling fan is spinning to slow. From forum posts on this site as well as others, it appears that the issue is resolved by replacing one of two components, either the fan / sensor assembly, or the main control board. I have now replaced both pieces with parts from partsdr.com but I am still getting the same error. I did clear the error codes but as the oven reaches 170Deg is still shuts off and the same error comes back. Any ideas?

Thanks

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Can you please let me know which part numbers you have replaced on the range so far?

Thanks
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Hi Eric,

Can you please let me know which part numbers you have replaced on the range so far?

Thanks
    Ryan,

Thank you for the response, the two parts I have replaced already are:
    https://partsdr.com/part/wpw10453983-cntrl-elec/
    https://partsdr.com/part/w11107275-blower-motor/

Really appreciate any suggestions you may have

-Eric

Thank you for the reply. When you installed the new parts did you clear the fault code afterwards? Have you gone through the troubleshooting steps listed in the tech sheet yet?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Thank you for the reply. When you installed the new parts did you clear the fault code afterwards? Have you gone through the troubleshooting steps listed in the tech sheet yet?
    I did clear the fault codes. The only check sheet I have seen recommends checking the resistance on the fan motor and the voltage of the hall sensor. I did check those values prior to replacing the fan assembly and they where actually fine, but I still replaced the fan assembly first to be sure (since it was the less expensive part).

-Eric

Do you have a copy of the wiring diagram that you could post here? I was not able to find a digital copy of it.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I don't have a diagram, the troubleshooting steps listed the plug and pin info for the motor and sensor tests. The plug and pin info is printed on the main control board so I was able to identify the correct wires to test.

-Eric

I think the next step would be to trace the wires from the hall sensor on the motor back to the control board to make sure there isn't a problem with the wiring. From what I can tell the two parts that you replaced should have taken care of the problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

*Update

After a few weeks of using my convection microwave and ignoring the range, I decided to put the old fan assembly back in since I replaced that first, then replaced the main logic board. Works fine with the original fan. So it looks like the original problem was the logic board, but the new fan assembly I installed before replacing the board must have been defective.... What are the chances....

-Eric