Thread: GE Refridgerator Freezer fan making a "pinging" noise when trying to star

GE Refridgerator Freezer fan making a "pinging" noise when trying to star

Model Number: GSH25JSRFSS
    Brand: GE

My GE refridgerator , the freezer fan makes a "pinging" noise when the fan is trying to start up. When this occurs, the lights in the freezer and the fridge dim each time the fan tries to start to rotate. After about 20 or seconds or so, the pinging stops and the fan will start. This has been happening randomly for the last few days. the fridge and freezer are still working properly for now. I have checked the fan on the freezer and there is no obstructions. Any ideas? Am I on my way to replacing the motherboard???

Pinging Noise here too

Quote Originally Posted by mllewell View Post
    Model Number: GSH25JSRFSS
    Brand: GE

My GE refridgerator , the freezer fan makes a "pinging" noise when the fan is trying to start up. When this occurs, the lights in the freezer and the fridge dim each time the fan tries to start to rotate. After about 20 or seconds or so, the pinging stops and the fan will start. This has been happening randomly for the last few days. the fridge and freezer are still working properly for now. I have checked the fan on the freezer and there is no obstructions. Any ideas? Am I on my way to replacing the motherboard???
    Did you figure out what the issue is? I have the exact same issue. Replaced the fan but still does it.

I would of replaced both, motherboard and fan motor at the same time.