Thread: Samsung vent sensor on

Samsung vent sensor on

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

So we just bought a new samsung dryer from best buy. It looks great and got great reviews from consumer report. The issue we are having is that the vent sensor keeps coming on. Ive clean out the lint filter and also the vent hose that goes up out of the house. What else can I do? I have not cut the vent hose that came with the unit and the cabinet that I have in front of it is not pressing to much against it. Im thinking to change the location of the dryer and move the cabinets around. Please help.

Please post the model number of your dryer
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Sorry about that DV52J8700EP/A2 is the model number. Today I have run into the same issue. I think that the safe thing is going to be move the unit closer to the vent and also cutting down on the length of the tubing. What do you think?

A friend of mine has a model# DV56H9000EP/A2 that has had the vent sensor replaced by samsung factory service. All the duct work has been replaced. Samsung will no longer perform warranty work and the dryer continues to give the vent sensor error. IS there a known problem with this unit? Is there another part of the dryer that fails and triggers this code? I'd like to get it fixed for her. IT's barely out of warranty and samsung couldn't fix it. She's frustrated because it was expensive and it's had problems from the beginning. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!