Patient

Question Maytag Dishwasher

Model Number: MDBTT60AWB
    Brand: Other

I have a Maytag Dishwasher model # MDBTT60AWB that was working fine
    then went to load more dishes and it just quit no lights no nothing. I
    checked the input voltage and it is normal 120v. I checked the micro
    switches on the door latch, they checked good. It will not go into either
    test mode, manual or field test. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by vinkoe869; 09-06-2012 at 01:41 PM.

If power is getting up to the main control board, then it sounds like either the main control board or the touchpad control panel is bad. First I would double check and make sure the ribbon cable that goes between the touch control panel and the main control board is seated properly. You can try to make the continuity tests if they show them in the schematic for the touchpad, but that test doesn't tell whether the circuitry inside the touchpad is working correctly. With the power turned off to the dishwasher, you can also do a visual inspection on the control board and look for any burn spots on the circuit board. It's really a educated guess as to which part is bad, either part can give similar symptoms, and there is no way to narrow down completely which part is causing the problem.

These are the parts for you dishwasher:

Control Board - 12002709

Touchpad Control Panel (Black) - 6-919844
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Patient
    Thanks Dr. for your quick responce. I did run a resistance check on the control panel only to find
    only three of the ten switches were working. I tested all ten switches and only three gave me a
    reading of 10k and the other seven showed nothing, zero resistance. I am going to assume that
    the control panel is bad, I will replace that first, what do you think Ryan, would you go that
    route based on the resistance check? Thanks.

Sincerely,

Vince Koehler

Yes, if it doesn't pass the resistance check, then I would replace the touchpad control panel first. Let me know how it works out for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter