Thread: GE Side by Side Arctica - Replaced control board, still only lights, no compressor

GE Side by Side Arctica - Replaced control board, still only lights, no compressor

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: PSC23SGPA SS
    Brand: GE

I replaced the control board with the GE WR55X10942. The old board definitely had a burnt spot on the back. I dusted and cleaned out the compressor and all that. After replacing the board, when I plug it in, I here slight buzz of something coming to life, but then nothing. The lights turn back on in the fridge and freezer but the control panel on the front and the read out displays on the top of fridge doesn't display anything.

The old board fired everything up but just sporadically lost the temp so I'm a little lost. I was able to find a couple others on random forums with a similar issue after replacing the board but no answers.

Is this just a bad replacement board? Visually it looks fine.

So apparently you actually have to plug in all the connections to the control board to make it work...

I was forgetting the blockier looking one that slides onto the 3 metal blade connectors. Too used to seeing molex connectors in PCs and didn't even remember unplugging that from the original board.

Fridge started right up and is cooling now.