Thread: Duet dryer keeps blowing thermal cutoff

Duet dryer keeps blowing thermal cutoff

Model Number: GEW9250PW0
    Brand: Whirlpool

My dryer stopped heating shortly after replacing the heating element. I troubleshot it to a bad thermal cutoff. I purchased the replacement kit (279973)and it worked for about four loads before blowing again. I replaced it again and it is now blown after just a few loads. When I bypass it the heating element works fine. When I cycle the dryer in the manual settings I am able to get the heating element to function properly thru the High, Med, Low, Extra Low, and Air only. The heating element is new, the thermostat is also new, the thermal fuse is like new (1 year old). Every part tests good with a multimeter and I am getting proper power to heating element. I believe the control board is working fine since I have no problems with display or using the manual buttons. I have checked the thermistor and it checks out good (it was dirty but cleaned it while testing). The vent is not blocked and the dryer is blowing fine. I also checked to make sure the heating element was not shorting to ground. Any ideas as to why the thermal cutoff (352 Degrees) would fail repeatedly?
    Last edited by Baileysj88; 11-06-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Can you access the control board. or shoot me a pic. I just went thru this with my samsung DV42h5000ew/a3. thermal cut off quit replaced it, went bad within minutes. I found error code procedure in fine print in schematic paperwork. sounds to me like the pcb is bad. thats the power control board. i believe samsung makes several different brands.