Thread: Cabrio Washer still leaking after seal and pump has been replaced

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cabrio Washer still leaking after seal and pump has been replaced

Model Number: wtw5840bw0
    Brand: Whirlpool

I have Cabrio washer that has a pretty massive leak coming out of it. It takes about 2 or 3 towels to clean it up after each load. First thing I did was change seals as generally suggested. That didn't change anything. It almost seem like it made it worse actually. I then went and changed the pump and still nothing. I also lowered water pressure, as it was a common suggestion. I raised the washing machine to observe the leak and it looks like it is coming out of the sides of the transmission case. But not down the middle where I assume a leak would be if it was a seal. Is it possible that it is something else, or the new tub seal was bad? When I installed the tub seal, I did not take the drum out like the videos suggested and realized that when putting the transmission back on it makes the alignment off, or harder to get right. I took it apart this time without the tub and it seems better but still leaking. Is there anything I am missing or over looking? I didnt change the bearings or shaft.
    Last edited by stinkoman; 11-10-2017 at 09:55 AM.