Thread: [FIXED] Samsung French Door Ice maker issues

[FIXED] Samsung French Door Ice maker issues

Model Number: RF4267HARS/XAA
    Brand: Samsung

Having problems with my Samsung French Door, Model RF4267HA Ice Maker . Replaced the Ice Maker with a New one, Part # DA97-07365G and for some reason the Harvesting Arm keeps getting frozen in the Ice cubes. Shouldnt the clock position for the harvesting arms stop at 3 or 9 oclock after the water is dispensed?

Thanks,
    JR

Ice maker is working but the cubes are fused together at the top. At this point I believe the water level is too high which is also causing the Harvest arms to be frozen in the water. Ran a test and captured 5 ounces of water in a baby bottle. Seems to be the perfect amount of water during the fill stage, so I am guessing that the solenoid valve is leaking water during the freezing stage, or the water pressure is too high or low?

Can someone tell me where the water inlet valve/solenoid is located on this model? RF4267HARS/XAA

It looks like the water inlet valve is located inside the water filter case assembly. This is the housing where the water filter is located. To test if the water inlet valve is leaking you could unplug the wiring harness to the water valve let see if water continues to drip into the ice maker. Let us know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Okay, I will try that next.

The new Ice maker is really getting jammed now, and I am concerned it will get damaged. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ice.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	355
    If its not the water inlet valve, could it be the PCB?

I would unplug the ice maker until the problem is resolved so the new ice maker is not damaged. This type of problem is most often caused by the water valve failing and leaking, but in some rare cases a failure of the main control board could be sending power to the water valve when it is not supposed to.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Discconnected the ice maker. 24 hrs later and I haven't seen one drop of water from the fill tube. Tells me that the water inlet valve is not leaking.

So far I have the following.
    New ice maker that passes test and makes ice.
    New water filter
    Water pressure is good. Water dispenses 6 ounces in 10 seconds at door. Dispenses 5 ounces in ice maker during test.
    Water Valve inlet doesn't appear to be leaking

Ice maker harvesting arms get frozen in cubes and jams. Water continues to dispense when that happens and creates fused cubes.

The only other thing I can think of is replacing the main control board. Afraid this may not fix the problem and I will be stuck with an expensive part that i will not be allowed to return.

When you replaced the ice maker did you replace it with a brand new ice maker? Did the old and new ice maker have the exact same problem? From your testing it is also looking to me like the main control board is most likely bad.

There are two main control board there were used on this model refrigerator. You may be able to find which one is correct by looking for the part number on the old main control board. If not please provide your serial number and we can look it up for you.

Main Control Board - Part # PD00022737 (mfg # DA92-00146A)

or

Main Control Board- Part # PD00022834 (mfg # DA92-00357A)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Tried 2 new ice makers with the same result. Fortunately I was able to return one.
    I have ordered the main control board from Parts Dr. and hope to resolve this issue soon.

I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by jrich View Post
    Tried 2 new ice makers with the same result. Fortunately I was able to return one.
    I have ordered the main control board from Parts Dr. and hope to resolve this issue soon.

I'll keep you posted.
    Sounds good! We see some places sell refurbished verisions of these ice makers, so I always like to check to make sure you ordered a new one.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

WE HAVE ICE!!!!

The control board you recommended was incorrect. My board part # is DA92-00357A , and your customer service people were very helpful getting that turned around for me. Put the new board in, and reset the ice maker. It started making ice perfectly.

Thanks for you help.

Thanks for the update, I am glad the control board took care of the problem! I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED. I am sorry I didn't realize there were two main control boards for this refrigerator depending on the production date. I edited by previous post to reflect this information so others won't run into the same issue.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Yup,

The control board fixed it for me as well. It’s important to remember that these ice makers are not analog with a timer like the old days. If all of their functions work; cycling , tray filling, attempting to drop..., then they are functioning

The order and timing in which they do them is controlled by the board, not the unit.

Thanks