Thread: Whirlpool LE9200XWW1 blowing thermal cutoff.

Whirlpool LE9200XWW1 blowing thermal cutoff.

Model Number: LE9200XWW1
    Brand: Whirlpool

Good Morning,

I have a Whirlpool LE9200XWW1 dryer that keeps blowing the thermal cutoff. So far the original and one replacement have blown.

I've dismantled the dryer and thoroughly cleaned out all the lint, including the intake and exhaust tubes.

I've replaced the thermal cutoff, cycling thermostat, thermal fuse, high temp thermostat, heating element, and the belt. I've replaced the vent hose and cleaned the vent hood. I've checked the 5k timer resister and another 6.2k resistor I found in the control panel.

I tested the temperature at the exhaust after bypassing the thermal cutoff for the test. It cycled back and forth from 125 to 155 degrees, I could hear the thermostat clicking on and off.

I tried to test the timer but I don't think I did it correctly. I did run the timer on all cycles at low heat after bypassing the blown thermal cutoff and it behaved correctly on all cycles.

I am at my wits end to see what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated to solve this before I give up and haul it to the street.

Thank you for any help.

Doc
    Sounds like it mat be an air flow problem inside the unit.

If it was a air flow problem with the vent then the thermal fuse would be the one blowing.

Check that the blower wheel fins are clean.
    Check the internal seals (drum etc) in the unit. The air is pulled over the heating coils, through the drum and pushed out the exhaust. So any large seal leak will pull in room air and the cycling thermostat on the blower will run the unit like normal but the heater will be running too hot..
    Check that the lint filter is not coated with fabric softener residue which greatly reduces air flow.
    Check/clean that the air entrance holes in the drum are clean.
    Check the blower wheel it tight and secure. Sometimes they can strip out and seem to run OK but then occasionally the slip causing a drop in air flow.