Model Number: PGCS1RKZASS
Brand: GE

Our refrigerator is getting warm intermittently. Fridge gets warm and freezer mostly seems to stay working, although has warmed a little a couple times but we have not had to pull the food out of it yet (can’t keep perishable food in the fridge. The compressor seems to be working, as well as the fan that blows on it (fast enough that can’t really see the blades). The fan in the back middle of the freezer seems to be spinning well enough too. There are two vents on the left side of the fridge that connect to the door with the ice maker, these vents sometimes get very warm (almost hot to the touch) as well as the area around them. It seems like this is connected to how warm the fridge is getting. When it warms up, it does it pretty quickly and gets to high 60’s by morning (happens often at night). I can usually get the refrigerator working again by messing with it, but haven’t found a consistent method. Sometimes I unplug it for a bit, sometimes just using “turbo cool” for a little while seems to get it going again. I have also put it in diagnostic mode and tried reset and a few other things. I have tried the command to toggle defrost cycle, but it is difficult for me to know what the current state is. Usually some combination of these things gets it working again. I thought it was the thermistor in the fridge but it seems to read the temperature okay and the diagnostic test for those said pass for all of them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.