Thread: My ice maker stopped making ice again

My ice maker stopped making ice again

Model Number: CFCP1RKBDss
    Brand: GE

Great Forum here! Expect to see my order once I know we should proceed.

History: Fridge is 5 years old. 2 years ago the ice maker stopped making ice. I did the easiest thing and changed out the ice maker itself and it did not resolve. Appliance repair came out and thought it was the blower fan and changed that. Problem still existed. He came back and changed out a "board". This fixed the problem.

This week the problem is back. When he changed the board, we took off the bottom freezer door and removed the panel inside and that is where the board was located. I am assuming he changed the Main control board. Here is the link for what i think the part is: https://partsdr.com/part/wr55x11098-...el-CFCP1RKBDSS

There are two ducts on the left side of the fridge going into the icemaker. One is blowing cold air (bottom one) the other one is warm to the touch (the top one). I cannot remember if this was the same issue 2 years ago. Before I waste money on buying the board, does it sound like a potential fix like last time?

Should I replace this at the same time assuming its the right fan? https://partsdr.com/part/wr60x10330-...el-CFCP1RKBDSS

Again, this is a great resource and business model you have here. Very clever and awesome!
    Last edited by brocnizer; 12-17-2017 at 08:47 AM.