Thread: Samsung Dryer not heating

Patient

Samsung Dryer not heating

Model Number: DV42H5000EW/A3
    Brand: Samsung

Dryer runs but does not heat. I replaced the Thermal fuse and made sure that I did not have any lint blockage. I even changed out all of the vent tubes while I had the dryer out. The fuse allowed the dryer to heat but it failed after 10 minute (or so). I bought another, Checked the Thermostat and heating coils and had continuity. No lint blockage at all. Again, the dryer stopped heating after a few minutes. The heating coils and all contacts were checked for shorts. Not sure where to go next for this item. Any help would be appreciated.

I have learned that there at 4 sensors on this particular dryer. Try replacing the thermistor and the heating sensor. one is located directly under the drum (you will have to remove drum to get at it) and the other is located in heating bar.

Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by winegrapes View Post
    I have learned that there at 4 sensors on this particular dryer. Try replacing the thermistor and the heating sensor. one is located directly under the drum (you will have to remove drum to get at it) and the other is located in heating bar.
    Thanks. Is there a good place to find an exploded view for the parts so I can locate the sensors and find the part numbers?

Doc
    Below is a link with info on this unit
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...0pXTTlDcGlXUWs

For a parts breakdown you could try Sears parts or appliancepartspros.

I am assuming that when you checked the heater element for shorts you measured from each side of the heater to ground and that both measured infinite ohms.
    Also that the vent is clear all the way, that the outside vents open all the way and that the blower wheel is clean

If yes then odds are that it is either the thermistor or control board.

Patient
    Thanks, Ill check the Thermister. All lint is clean and clear. I replaced all of my vents and the outside vent cover since I had the whole thing torn apart.

Patient
    Replaced the Thermister and seemded to work well until it did not. So out of the four sensors I have replaced Thermisteter and the thermostat this time. The other two sensors checked out fine. I think I am down to the control panel. Unless anyone has any other suggestions.