Model Number: RF4267HARS
Brand: Samsung

Samsung RF4267HARS French Door Refrigerator/Freezer. Purchased in March 2015.

We came home from two weeks away for Christmas and noticed our power had been out, leaving a huge chunk of re-frozen ice in the ice maker, which I removed and completely dumped. The red "replace filter" light was also on, so I replaced the water filter cartridge and reset the light. After replacing the water filter and resetting the filter light, the dispenser made water and ice for about 2-3 days and then stopped dispensing water and making ice.

We have well water, and the fridge/ice maker and a special tap on the sink are connected to the output of a reverse osmosis (RO) filter system.

We have had some bitterly cold weather recently, and the back of the fridge is against an exterior wall of our house, so my first instinct was that maybe the water line had frozen. I pulled the fridge out from the wall and the supply line was not frozen. I *did* notice a LOT of dust clogging the vent on the lower right side of the fridge, to the point where the vent was almost completely blocked, so I vacuumed the dust out. I also moved the slack in the ice maker line *temporarily* to the top front of the fridge and away from the exterior wall to prevent freezing.

When there was still no water or ice, I increased the fridge temperature setting from 1*F to 3*F per the suggestion in the manual's troubleshooting guide (since I suspected the line inside the fridge might be frozen as well).

24 hours later, the ice maker is again making and dispensing cubed and crushed ice, but there is still no water. There is a whirring sound when the dispenser lever is pressed, but no water comes out. The whirring stops when the lever is released. Ice dispensing is successful for both cubed and crushed ice.

Any suggestions I can try before calling a repairman/repairwoman?