Thread: Samsung Dryer Stopped Heating Last Week

Samsung Dryer Stopped Heating Last Week

Model Number: DV48H7400EW/A2
    Brand: Samsung

Last week, my dryer stopped producing heat. It runs but only blows cold air.

The first thing I did was check to make sure the duct was not clogged. For good measure, I vacuumed it out and even replaced the duct as I noticed a small tear.

Then, I bought a multimeter and checked both the outlet and the connections on the power cord to the dryer. They registered 240V.

I purchased a new heating element, thermal fuse, high limit thermostat, blower fuse, and thermistor, and replaced each of them. The heating element did not appear cracked, but the coils were black, so I assumed that was the issue.

At this point, I have taken the dryer apart and put it back together several times (which explains why I decided to replace all of those parts listed above. It runs as it always has, but STILL NO HEAT. It also does not offer any error codes, nor did it before I started replacing parts.

If I power the unit off then on and hold the Mixed Load Bell button, as one app suggested, I get a code that looks like a hyphen and a colon (-:) but I cannot find any resource to interpret this, as the app only seems to function with smart dryers with wi-fi. I'm not sure it even means anything.

Any advice/suggestions/insights are welcomed.

Doc
    Do you have the wiring diagram for the unit?

If yes then the next step is to unplug the unit and check the wiring in the heater circuit.
    From L2 to the board, should be 0 ohms.
    From the board's heater relay out to the centrifugal switch on the motor, should be the hreater resistance (usually 8 to 12 ohms)
    From the other centrifugal switch side to L1, should be 0 ohms.

If all are OK then all that is left is the centrifugal switch and the control board.

The easiest way to check this is probably to unplug the unit, short the two centrifugal switch wires together (be sure they make good connection and cannot short to anything else or get caught in a moving part.
    Then plug the unit in and give it a try.
    Do this for a very short time as you do not want to burn out the wires.

If there is heat then the motor needs replacing re: the centrifugal switch is bad or the mechanism that actuates it.
    If there is no heat then the board is bad.