Thread: Samsung dryer not heating, have replaced almost everything.

Samsung dryer not heating, have replaced almost everything.

Model Number: DV42H5000EW/A3
    Brand: Samsung

It's only 3 years old.

The dryer isn't heating, there is no air flow problem, the incoming electricity is at the correct voltage, and there are no Error codes. We have replaced the whole heating element assembly complete with the thermostat, cut off fuses, and the thermoster. We noticed that once that it was started and said the time was 40 min, and got something to drink and came back after 2 min and the time said 20 min. Could this be the control board? I thought it was a timer problem, but I can't find that in the parts diagram. Today we fixed a heat sensor because somebody said that might be the problem, and it only cost 7 dollars.

Considering buying a dryer, but not a Samsung as it seems that they are built to only last 4 years. This is our first time trying to fix a dryer, so any help would be appreciated. Perhaps I should be asking what a good dryer brand is too! hahaha.

Model number is DV42H5000EW/A3
    Electric not gas model.

Doc
    Below is info I found for the unit, though much of it is for a gas unit they are still fairly close.

Yes it could be a control board problem.

Also may be that the heater section of the motors centrifugal switch is not closing.

Yes I have read about the centrifugal switch too... think I will try that next... I wish there was an error code. I can only say that I am never buying samsung washer/dryer again!

Thanks for the non-answer and commercial advertisement. Clearly not the gas coils as my machine is an electric unit. Did you even read my description? Drum drive belt? Sheesh, I'd get a better response from my dentist.

Doc
    Sorry but my link to info does not show in my original post so I will give it another try.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...0pXTTlDcGlXUWs

Cheryl -- did you guys figure out the problem? We're experiencing the exact same thing and we've replaced almost everything as well (heating element/thermostat/thermal fuse, thermistor/thermal fuse, control board, and motor). We've also checked the cord and outlet -- they're getting/transmitting the correct voltage. Ours has only run for 18 months until this happened. So angry. $800 down the drain (and the extra $250 in parts).