Thread: Amana fridge is running constantly

Amana fridge is running constantly

Model Number: AFD2535DEB
    Brand: Amana

Fridge just turned 11 years old. Started having issues in the last few months starting with the bottom freezer freezing up so it would not cool the upper fridge compartment. I unplugged it, let it thaw and plugged it back in. It would run well for a month or so before the problem started again. Did this a couple times until I finally came to this forum and after reading a lot, figured it was the defrost thermostat. So I ordered one and just replaced it 3/19/18. After doing that I noticed I can hear the fan running constantly. I have the freezer set to 3 and the fridge set to 3 (goes 1-7) I have a thermometer in the fridge that fluctuates from 25 to 42 but never really stops at at a certain temp, just goes up and down and back up and down. I turned the controls off (-) and the fan still runs. Only did for 5 minuets, then set it back to 3 and 3. Do I now replace the jazz control board? Anymore troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks,
    Tim

One other thing I did was go into the service test mode and chose the Defrost Thermostat & Defrost Circuit Test. It displayed an "S" which says Defrost Thermostat Shorted (Closed) as opposed to Open. Does that mean anything?

Update (for anyone who is reading), I ran though all the other tests in the service mode and everything either passed or was able to turn on and off. Since I did that, the constant running has stopped. I'm sure I'm not out of the woods but it was a strange coincidence.