Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	618Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8354.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	619Model Number: 110 92597200
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Long story, so I'll try to be brief.

My washing machine was not spinning, so our clothes weren't spinning dry. When I moved the washer, I noticed a pile of rubber shavings on the floor. When I tipped the machine over, I noticed what appeared to be a rubber belt laying loose. Sears Parts Direct tells me I don't have a belt on my washer, and proceeds to tell me it must be the clutch. $45 and 10 days later, my clutch assembly arrives. I install it, but after I have everything put back together, I notice a thick rubber gasket of some sort that looks to be loose. I pull it out and several white bits come with it. Turns out to be the motor coupling, which I guarantee was the issue, and not the clutch assembly. After a 5 day wait, the motor coupling arrives, which I promptly install. Decided to replace the agitator dogs as well.

So everything is installed and put back together. I plug it in, give it a spin, and there's a horrible knocking and banging sound. Kind of sounds like I didn't bolt everything down, but I'm sure I did. Could be because it's empty and not full of clothes?

Anyway, I go back to what I first saw when I looked underneath the washer...the loose "belt". Turns out it's a 6" diameter foam rubber seal/gasket/cushion of some sort. That's where you guys come in. Any idea of what it is? I will attempt to attach two pics to this message - the first will be one of the piece itself, and the second will be one of me pointing to where it was when I first saw it.

I really appreciate any help you all can offer me!
    Last edited by tafkap777; 03-28-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Doc
    The following info and video should help.
    http://www.appliancepartspros.com/wh...ap6010158.html

As far as the banging could be that the unit just needs re-leveling.
    Also try moving the tub front to back and side to side to reset the tub mounting

So I took it apart and replaced the sound dampening ring. Thanks again.

The issue of the shaking persists, however. I moved the tub all around and lifted the back to engage the self-leveling, but the bugger still shakes like crazy. When I took out the gear case to place the ring, I took a look around to see if something was loose or out of place, and all seems good. When I put it back together, I made sure that the pump and motor were seated right and that everything was bolted down tight.

Is it possible I somehow damaged the tub mounting or the stretched out the springs that keep it centered?

It looks and sounds fine until it approaches full speed on the spin cycle...that's when the shaking starts.

Again, thanks a ton for your help.

Doc
    I would check the unit with a level just to be sure that it is level.

It may be that a spring is bad.