Model Number:
Brand: Brand

Model Number: GSS25QSWASS
Brand: GE

Hi, I need help in diagnosing a problem for a GE refrigerator, GSS25QSWASS, related to the possible GE part number WR55X10859, the Dispenser Control Board. I have an issue, and believing it was the mainboard, ordered and replaced it. It wasn't the problem. At this point, I'm believing the part number above, but I REALLY don't want to be doing this shotgun approach to repair unless there is a good likelihood this is the problem

The display began to blink weirdly, and would not dispense water. I've replaced not only the mainboard, but also the Filter Head (which was broken) Assembly, and water flows fine -- without the light bulb in.

The issue, weirdly, seems to be related to the lightbulb. When I unscrewed this, the blinking stopped, and the water dispensed fine, and the rest of the display resumed it's normal function. I've taken it apart, and put test meters everywhere, and all seems to be functioning normally, at least with wires and connectors. But it will not accept even a new bulb without returning to the problem. So, I'm contemplating the board mentioned above, but REALLY don't want to be throwing more good money after a maybe. What's somewhat concerning is that the dispenser board looks just fine -- i.e., no apparent condenser or component malfunction. Even the working old mainboard has a badly leaking condenser, and it's fine. But this one looks fine, hence my hesitation. Based on these symptoms, can anyone possibly advise please the likelihood of this part?

Thanks!!