Model Number:
Brand: Brand

Model Number: DV328AGW/XAA
Brand: Samsung

Hey All,

New here. Looking for some insight on my Samsung dry. Its not drying well, takes about 4 cycles on high heat for 40 min to get a normal load of laundry to dry. That being said, there is SOME heat being produced.

I did some initial research and everything pointed me to the Thermistor and Thermal fuse. Replaced those but no luck. With the dry apart, I was able to rig it to run without the drum in there so I could see what was going on. With a new Thermistor and Thermal fuse, I ohm'd out the flame sensor and the High Limit Thermostat, everything looked good there. I ran a normal load, again without the drum in place, and noticed that there were 2 Clicks, followed by the heating element/igniter heating up and turning orange, then the ignition and a flame. The flame lasts about 5 seconds, then there is a buzzing noise and the flame goes out. THis process repeats throughout the dry cycle. It doesn't produce enough heat to dry a load of laundry. I thought maybe the High Limit Thermostat was faulty and forcing it off, but I don't think that is the case. The vent ducts are all cleaned and spotless.

Please watch the video for a better idea of what is going on. https://youtu.be/2gPsWdA4tAo

Before I throw more parts at this I'd like some feedback. I'm an automotive tech and pretty mechanically/electrically inclined, but this one has me stumped. Thanks in advance, Mac.