Thread: Troubleshooting icemaker issue

Troubleshooting icemaker issue

Model Number: GSF26C4EXB00
    Brand: Whirlpool

Hi everyone-
    I'm having issues with my Whirpool in the door icemaker and I'm having trouble finding anything on the internet that reflects my issues and model. First off my ice maker still makes ice but it never dumps into the bin. I've melted the ice and tried cycling power. Same thing everytime ice maker makes ice but it never drops into the bin. This morning I could here a noise coming from the ice maker (like a motor trying to turn) that stops when the door is open, and turns back on when door is closed/it hold in the door switches. On a side note I'm not sure my optics are working right but I can't find a good walkthrough for the new ice makers. I only get the indicator red light shortly after I power cycle the fridge. After a couple minutes I don't see the red light no matter what combinations I try. I did try using my camera on my phone to see the IR and I do see it pulsing on/off. Water dispenser and auger all seem to still be working fine.

Any sugestions on what to start with?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrbocke View Post

Hi everyone-
    I'm having issues with my Whirpool in the door icemaker and I'm having trouble finding anything on the internet that reflects my issues and model. First off my ice maker still makes ice but it never dumps into the bin. I've melted the ice and tried cycling power. Same thing everytime ice maker makes ice but it never drops into the bin. This morning I could here a noise coming from the ice maker (like a motor trying to turn) that stops when the door is open, and turns back on when door is closed/it hold in the door switches. On a side note I'm not sure my optics are working right but I can't find a good walkthrough for the new ice makers. I only get the indicator red light shortly after I power cycle the fridge. After a couple minutes I don't see the red light no matter what combinations I try. I did try using my camera on my phone to see the IR and I do see it pulsing on/off. Water dispenser and auger all seem to still be working fine.

Thanks
    I am thinking about getting the entire ice maker and trying it out? Would that be a good place to start?

Quote Originally Posted by nrbocke View Post

Hi everyone-

Thanks
    Hi, it sounds like you may have to replace the entire unit. Icemakers that do not cooperate are usually doomed.
    -Fred
    EZ Fix Appliance Repair Las Vegas
    Repair Dude in Chief
    http://www.ezfixappliancerepairlasvegas.com/

Quote Originally Posted by F David Rudnick View Post
    Hi, it sounds like you may have to replace the entire unit. Icemakers that do not cooperate are usually doomed.
    Thanks David.
    Is it usually just the ice maker or are the other external parts? I know about the optics which I still question but hoping ok. Hope about the thermostat that regulats ice? Is that part of the ice maker itself?