Thread: [FIXED] frigidiare stove: element lamp stays on even when stove is turned off.

Patient

[FIXED] frigidiare stove: element lamp stays on even when stove is turned off.

Model Number: 790.94382700
    Brand: Frigidaire

The stove is sold under the name of Kenmore, but it is really a Frigidaire product. On the top panel, the indicator light (that tells you that one or more elements are on) will not turn off even when ALL the stove elements are turned off.

I ordered and replaced the indicator light module but the light still will not go off when all the elements are turned off. I am puzzled and appreciate any help as to how I can rectify this problem.

Thank you.
    Last edited by iomega7; 09-13-2012 at 06:18 AM.

This most commonly happens when one of the infinite switches fails. To find which switch is bad, you will need to unplug the range, and one burner switch at a time you will need to pull off the wire going to the "P" connection on the switch. Wrap the end of this connection in electrical tape so it won't short out against anything. Plug the range back in, and see if the light shuts off. Unplug the range, and keep doing this one switch at a time until you find the bad switch (it will usually be the one that you use the most that fails). When you are done, unplug the range and wire all of the burner switches back up correctly again. Let me know which switch you find out is bad and I can check on the part for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Patient
    Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I will try what you recommended, but I need a little instruction of where to disconnect the burners. When you say "infinite switch" are you referring to each control knob that turns on each element? How do I identify the wire going to the "P" connection on the switch?

Thank you again for helping a novice at this.

Mase

Mase,

The infinite switch is the switch located behind the burner know. You will have to pull out the range and remove the back panel to access the switch. Always make sure the range is unplugged when you have the back panel off. You should see a letter "P" labeled next to one of the wires on the switch. You will have to look pretty closely to see this.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Patient
    Thank you so much for your assistance. I got real lucky; a neighbor of mine had the part I needed. Thank you again for your quick and professional guidance.

Mase

Quote Originally Posted by iomega7 View Post
    Thank you so much for your assistance. I got real lucky; a neighbor of mine had the part I needed. Thank you again for your quick and professional guidance.

Mase
    Great! Thanks for the feedback!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com