Thread: fridge warm, freezer working

fridge warm, freezer working

Model Number: MBF2258xew5
    Brand: Whirlpool

I have a bottom freezer Whirlpool #MBF2258xew5 that stopped cooling the the fresh food section. I turned off the unit and let it completely defrost. I vacuumed and cleaned the coils. The unit started back up and seemed to be working, but, by morning, the refrigerator was warm again. When the unit was turned back the compressor and fans seem to run normally. However, by morning, the evaporator fan was not running. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

Maybe the thermostate is defect and in unfrost mode. Can you check the thermostate first? The thermostate would be the easiest to repair, but trying to fix an evaporator fan motor would be dangerous https://abc-repair.com I would just call a tech and ask, maybe they would help without a visit.

replaced evaporator fan and the refrigerator is working

Quote Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
    Maybe the thermostate is defect and in unfrost mode. Can you check the thermostate first? The thermostate would be the easiest to repair, but trying to fix an evaporator fan motor would be dangerous https://abc-repair.com I would just call a tech and ask, maybe they would help without a visit.

Patient
    Check evaporator fan as it is used to turn the liquid form of a chemical substance such as water into its gaseous-form/vapor. This could be the reason.

Paula is right, it sounds like the evaporator fan especially, since the freezer is working just fine. Do you have a multimeter to test it? It will tell you whether or not your unit is running at the necessary voltage needed to evenly distribute liquid and vapors.
    Just my 2 cents...
    -Fred
    EZ Fix Appliance Repair Las Vegas
    http://www.ezfixappliancerepairlasvegas.com/
    "Your Broken Appliance is Always an Easy Fix for Us!"
    -Fred
    EZ Fix Appliance Repair Las Vegas
    Repair Dude in Chief
    http://www.ezfixappliancerepairlasvegas.com/

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaWhite View Post
    Check evaporator fan as it is used to turn the liquid form of a chemical substance such as water into its gaseous-form/vapor. This could be the reason.
    The refrigerator is working since I replaced the evaporator fan. Perhaps a bit too cold

Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by freya321 View Post
    The refrigerator is working since I replaced the evaporator fan. Perhaps a bit too cold
    Oh, That's great!!!

Patient
    Do you know which gas is your AC using? If it is R - 22 then you should replace your AC with the new one as R -22 refrigerant is not environment-friendly.

This is great! Always good to know what the solution was