Model Number: RFG297AAWP
Brand: Samsung

Have a Samsung RFG297AAWP french-door style fridge that has been working perfectly for the last 10 years. A few weeks ago it started getting slow on producing ice, and we could hear an occasional ticking.

Now, it won't fill the ice tray with water for freezing. Water dispensing works fine though. Filter is new(ish), reset the icemaker etc. To no avail. After holding the reset button for 10+ seconds, nothing seems to happen. I know newer (2010+) ones give a chime to let you know, but here there's absolutely nothing to indicate the reset it done.

I take that back - yesterday after resetting it I heard it fill with water just fine, like normal. Later on it dumped the load of ice - yay - thought things were back to good, but no ice since then.

I've released the icemaker from above by pressing on the tab in front and pulling gently back, but haven't completely removed it. It seems to be attached on the left side at the back by what looks like a shrouded cable, and I haven't dinked with that yet - hard to see in there.

Any ideas ?