Thread: Samsung icemaker wont dispense ice

Samsung icemaker wont dispense ice

Model Number: RF266AASH
    Brand: Samsung

After a Power failure Control Panel flashed 88 88......I reset the control panel holding BOTH Power Freeze and Power Cool at same time for 15 seconds.... fridge and freezer maintained temps of -2 and 36 Even when codes 88 were flashing. With control panel now showing proper displays....the ice maker stopped producing ice. I held ice maker reset for 10 sec and ice maker went thru cycle and dumped ice cubes and refilled with water for 5seconds..... overnight no ice was produced, but after again holding reset, it dumped frozen cubes and refilled with water. The only way I can get ice is by repeating manual reset. any suggestions?? FYI, ice maker worked fine up until power failure. Thanking you in advance for your input!!!

Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Widoemaker View Post
    Model Number: RF266AASH
    Brand: Samsung

After a Power failure Control Panel flashed 88 88......I reset the control panel holding BOTH Power Freeze and Power Cool at same time for 15 seconds.... fridge and freezer maintained temps of -2 and 36 Even when codes 88 were flashing. With control panel now showing proper displays....the ice maker stopped producing ice. I held ice maker reset for 10 sec and ice maker went thru cycle and dumped ice cubes and refilled with water for 5seconds..... overnight no ice was produced, but after again holding reset, it dumped frozen cubes and refilled with water. The only way I can get ice is by repeating manual reset. any suggestions?? FYI, ice maker worked fine up until power failure. Thanking you in advance for your input!!!

ANYONE??? suggestions?? do i need to replace ice maker or is it a setting?

It might be a sensor or even a control arm since its an older model. That's rare for a Samsung refrigerator btw.
    -Fred
    EZ Fix Appliance Repair Las Vegas
    Repair Dude in Chief
    http://www.ezfixappliancerepairlasvegas.com/

thanks for reply

Quote Originally Posted by F David Rudnick View Post
    It might be a sensor or even a control arm since its an older model. That's rare for a Samsung refrigerator btw.
    thank you for response