Thread: Ice maker overload

Ice maker overload

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: 253.79244703
    Brand: Frigidaire

I'm needing help diagnosing my ice maker issue. First let me start by saying the refrigerator came with the house that I just bought, so I'm unsure of it's age. Second, I know it's part of the Sears line, but not of the specific make.
    My issue is as follows: The ice maker wasn't working at all when I moved in, but, after a little investigating, discovered the supply line to the refrigerator was run, but never hooked up. Last night I finished hooking the refrigerator to the supply, turned on the water to make sure it didn't leak, and assumed all was good...but left the refrigerator pulled out just in case. After about 20 minutes, water started running from under the refrigerator, so I shut off the supply line to the ice maker. I assumed the line on the refrigerator was leaking and would need to be replaced, but it was late and the parts stores were closed. When I got up this morning, I opened the freezer and the ice collection bin was a solid block of ice. Is my issue with the ice maker supply valve?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Matt

Doc
    Pull the wires off the water valve.
    Tape them so that they cannot short to each other or the fridge.
    Turn the water back on.
    If you get water flowing into the ice maker, then the valve needs replacing.

That's exactly what I needed...some "sure-fire" test to check it out. I've decided to replace the refrigerator, but will keep it in the basement for more cool storage. However, if I can repair the ice maker, then BONUS!
    Thanks!