Thread: Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Dumping Ice

Samsung Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Dumping Ice

Model Number: RF263BEAESR
    Brand: Samsung

My Samsung Refrigerator (3 Door French) Ice Maker was building up frost every 2-3 weeks causing the dumped ice to eventually jam and quit dumping ice cubes until I cleared the jam and/or defrosted the ice maker. I decided to replace the ice maker and ordered a new ice maker DA97-15217D from Parts Dr. I followed the You Tube video and replaced the old ice maker with the new one. The new ice maker will not dump ice cubes unless I press the Test button. Then it will dump the ice cubes, refill and make new ice, but won't dump the cubes unless I press the Test button again. I tried removing the new ice maker and putting the old ice maker back in. After 3 days with the old ice maker, I am not getting any frost build up (at least not yet), but the old ice maker is not dumping ice cubes either. I have to press the Test button to get the old ice maker to dump the cubes. So I seem to have the same problem with both the new and the old ice maker. Is there a resolution?

Same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Hook em View Post
    Model Number: RF263BEAESR
    Brand: Samsung

My Samsung Refrigerator (3 Door French) Ice Maker was building up frost every 2-3 weeks causing the dumped ice to eventually jam and quit dumping ice cubes until I cleared the jam and/or defrosted the ice maker. I decided to replace the ice maker and ordered a new ice maker DA97-15217D from Parts Dr. I followed the You Tube video and replaced the old ice maker with the new one. The new ice maker will not dump ice cubes unless I press the Test button. Then it will dump the ice cubes, refill and make new ice, but won't dump the cubes unless I press the Test button again. I tried removing the new ice maker and putting the old ice maker back in. After 3 days with the old ice maker, I am not getting any frost build up (at least not yet), but the old ice maker is not dumping ice cubes either. I have to press the Test button to get the old ice maker to dump the cubes. So I seem to have the same problem with both the new and the old ice maker. Is there a resolution?
    <arkrunner1> I have the same issue. Replaced the ice maker and it will only dump if I use the reset process. Help?