Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Heavy wash cycle select problem

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: WDF320PADS1
    Brand: Frigidaire

Please read this carefully, because the physical push buttons DO work. It's the functions that are not working correctly.

When I try and select the Heavy Wash Cycle, none of the Wash Cycle LEDs illuminate. While in this Cycle I can change the Option to High Temp, Heated Dry, or both. Initially, I suspected that maybe the Heavy Wash Cycle LED is burned out, but there are other issues. If I cycle through all of the Wash cycles by pressing the Cycle button 3 times to get back to the state where all of the Wash Cycle status LEDs are not lit, the High
    Temp Option LED will be unlit (this may be related to the issue with the One Hour Wash below here), and I will have to press the Option button again to select the High Temp Option.

If I press the Cycle button beginning with the state where none of the Wash Cycle LEDs are illuminated, the Normal Cycle LED will illuminate (very dimly). While in the Normal Cycle I can change the Options to High Temp, Heated Dry, or Both. The memory for the state of the Heated Dry Option functions as designed for this Cycle, and all of the other status LEDs are brightly lit when their respective option is selected. It does seem odd that while the Normal Cycle is selected the Normal Cycle status LED is dimly lit.

Beginning with the Normal Wash Cycle selected, pressing the Cycle button changes the Wash Cycle to One Hour Wash. In this Cycle, only the Heated Dry Option is available. When I press the Option button, the High Temp Option status LED never illuminates. I don't know if the High Temp Option not being selectable is the cause for the above Heavy Wash Cycle to lose it's memory setting for the High Temp Option or not.

Note, through all of the Cycles, the Heated Dry Option can be selected and remain in memory for all cycles. It's only the High Temp Option that is malfunctioning. The other major issue is that the Heavy Wash Cycle status LED never illuminates. I don't know if the Heavy Wash Cycle ever "runs" because this model dishwasher has a water clarity sensor which varies the run time for the dishwasher.

I have examined the pins which the push buttons in the touchpad use to activate various features on the control board. None of them appear to have any damage or warping, and they seem to be in correct alignment.

I have attached a picture of the Cycle LEDs statuses.

So, my question is this: Based on the symptoms I have described, do you think the main control board is bad? I did have someone on another forum suggest I replace the touchpad, but I can't see how replacing that part (since it has no electrical connections) would fix the issues my dishwasher is having.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heavy.jpg   Normal.jpg   1 Hour Wash.jpg  
    Last edited by hjbreese; 09-05-2018 at 05:23 PM.