Thread: Samsung Dryer runs for 2 minutes then switches to cool down cycle and turns off

Samsung Dryer runs for 2 minutes then switches to cool down cycle and turns off

Model Number: DV42H5000EW/A3
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: DV42H5000EW/A3
    Brand: Samsung

I posted this several days ago and nobody has replied, so I am trying again and adding additional information hoping I can get a bit of input please.

Hello, our Samsung dryer shuts off after about 2-3 minutes of running. The timer drops to 1 minute cool down and then shuts off. No sensor code display, chime rings and then OFF is displayed. This happens on both sensor dry and manual dry, but WORKS FINE when set to AIR FLUFF setting. The exhaust system is fine, and ours even uses a fan assist that is coming on automatically when dryer starts. Outside "flapper" vent working fine and strong airflow coming out. The exact results with and without any load of clothes in dryer.

I have no replaced the main board and the thermistor with no change to the problem. I do not think it is the motor as it runs just fine on "air fluff" mode..i.e. no heat.

Anybody have any ideas please??

I really wish somebody could help. I have replaced both circuit boards and the thermistor on this samsung dryer and it still keep dropping down to the 1 minute cool down cycle after 2 minutes on any timed drying setting EXCEPT the no-heat "air fluff" setting. Can anybody help please??

Doc
    Has it ever worked OK at this location?

Have you tried it disconnected from the vent system?

Have you checked the heating coil to be sure it is not grounded?

have you checked the internal seal in the unit?

The above are all graspuing at straws but you have already replaced the most likely culprits.

Quote Originally Posted by denman View Post
    Has it ever worked OK at this location? Yes for 3-4 years.

Have you tried it disconnected from the vent system? Yes, disconnected right at the back of dryer. No lint clogs or problems. Blows strong.

Have you checked the heating coil to be sure it is not grounded? Installed new one.

have you checked the internal seal in the unit? Internal seal?? Not sure what you are referring to, please elaborate.

The above are all graspuing at straws but you have already replaced the most likely culprits.
    Yes, this is getting a bit frustrating.....not many more parts to replace!

Well, somewhere between replacing the heating coil, the thermistor, and both control boards....................IT WORKS, YEAH!!!! And I have no idea why, but now it is fine.
    Last edited by BrettK; 10-22-2018 at 09:05 PM.