Thread: Electrolux washer problems, spin and controls

Electrolux washer problems, spin and controls

Model Number: EIFLS55IMBO
    Brand: Electrolux

Hi, I have an Electrolux EIFLS55IMBO that has two issues that I need help with. I believe that they are unrelated as the "control issue" predates the "spin issue", but if I need to work on the unit I want to address both if practical. I did search, but came up with surprisingly few results so apologize if I missed my answers.

The recent and more serious "spin issue" is that the the washer will not enter hi speed spin, it slowly turns one way- pauses- then spins slowly the other way. Turning it off, letting it sit, etc. and trying again will let it work properly with no apparent pattern. The water seems to drain, just wont spin-dry. Seems to be trying to balance to me? Some other googling shows it could be the door latch?

The longer term annoyance is the "control issue" which is when you turn the selector knob you hear beeps and clicks, but the mode changes irregularly. It will take several clicks and beeps to advance the mode(light indicator around the knob). Not a big deal, but....

Thanks in advance!

Hi, still looking at this... I figured out diagnostic mode and checked the codes and found:

1E 13
    2E 00
    3E 00
    4E 00
    5E 00

The 1E 13 has something to do with filling which seems to happen normally, Googling shows that the drain hose might be in the drain pipe too far. I was in fact about 24" which may be a siphoning issue. I reduced the insertion to 10-12". Not sure if this is related or not. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Crickets? Anybody?

My Electrolux Washer Review
    Electrolux washer problems spin and controls
    Electrolux has always been known for its great cleaning power but is the Electrolux machine or electrolux washer really worth the money? I recently read an electrolux 4.4 cu. ft. high efficiency stackable steam cycle washer review online and decided to do my own research. From reading reviews it seems that most people are happy with their electrolux machine but there were a few people that stated some problems with their unit. Here is my Electrolux 4.4 cu. A high efficiency steam cycle washer review and my Electrolux 4.4 cu. ft. high efficiency stackable steam cycle washer parts link.

From reading over my Electrolux 4.4 cu. ft. high efficiency steam washer review and this information I have narrowed down the Electrolux problems and have solved those problems. The main Electrolux problem that I was noticing was that it seemed like my machines would start to spin when in use and would not stay on the spinners and controls. To solve this issue I changed the heating element to the one with the small black button at the bottom of the steamer. This has made my machines run much smoother while using the electrolux washer.

Another problem that I notice with my electrolux was that it seems to be taking a long time to get ready and clean. I did not take into consideration that my washer and dryer are running at a lower amperage than normal. I have since increased the amperage and it seems that my machines clean more quickly. I will continue to monitor how my electrolux works to see if these problems are still there. I would recommend this washer and dryer for everyone.

Electrolux washers are built tough to last a lifetime and come with smartboost technology that gives them high efficiency cleaning. Smartboost puts a special heat into the water to increase the flow of detergent, while maintaining the delicate contact with the washer, so there are no cycles wasted. Plus, the special cleaning agent used with electrolux washers is specially formulated to resist harsh chemicals. The washer that came with my home was a recent model, and after only a few months, I noticed that my washer no longer was so shiny. It took about two months before I bought another unit, but I've saved quite a bit of money since I bought my first electrolux washer.
    Last edited by sobisu; 06-18-2021 at 10:18 AM.