Thread: Ice maker temperature same as refrigerator (38 f)

Ice maker temperature same as refrigerator (38 f)

Model Number: PFSS6PKXGSS
    Brand: GE

GE profile french door unit with the ice maker within the refrigerator on the upper left side. The ice and water exit through the left door.
    The Ice maker is not working. I did notice a broken Ice Bin , chunk broken out of the front left side. I ordered the part WR29X10105 (has not arrived yet), but I also found that the temperature in the bin is the same as in the refrigerator (38 f). The temperature in the freezer is 2 below. What controls the temperature in the Ice maker? Any thoughts on the cause of the failure?

The light for the filter is orange, would that cause the temperature in the ice maker to stay high? I will be getting a new filter today.

Regards,

Gary

Update, looking at some other posts gave me a few ideas.
    I removed the back cover inside of the freezer. There was a little ice in there so I ran a hair dryer in the vent hole. I did feel warm air going into the Ice maker area within the refrigerator. I reinstalled the back cover with the three plug connections, closed the freezer door and pushed the switch and lever the left refrigerator door closes when shut. I did hear the fan come on in the freezer via the duct. I now have a temperature probe in the ice maker to determine the temperature drop. Results to follow.

Negative results with the Ice maker. It is still warm about 38 degrees. I guess my choice is the fan, fan control, or main board. Or technician. Think I am going with the technician, seeing I am getting no responses from partsdr.