Thread: Samsung DV330AEW/XXA Burnt wire

Angry Samsung DV330AEW/XXA Burnt wire

Model Number: DV330AEW/XXA
    Brand: Samsung

My dryer went out back in June, that ended up being the heating element. I replaced that but i have a new problem, about two weeks ago it stopped heating again, I took it apart and found the red wire was melted off its terminal on the heating element side. I checked all the sensors (Thermal Fuse, high limit switch) on the heating element and all seemed fine, came to the conclusion that i must've had a bad connection causing resistance. I stripped the wire back and re-crimped it on the OLD connector since i couldn't find one the correct size, i also "crimped" it to the terminal on the heating element. Now the same thing has happened again (red wire melted off just on the heating element side, not on the drive motor side). I took the drum apart and found the thermistor, it tested fine and fluctuated based on the temperature. I also tested thermal fuse on the blower housing, All seemed to test fine. What could be the problem...Drive motor, Main control board? Thanks again...

No error codes
    The heating element test good continuity and ohms and is not grounded to the case or dryer.

Just to be sure i was getting good readings, what should the Thermistor, Thermal Fuse(s) and high limit switch see for ohms?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1300[1565].jpg  
    Last edited by youknowit; 12-20-2018 at 06:05 AM. Reason: More details, before my wife makes me buy a new one lol

Following... I am having the exact same problem nearly word for word with my similar Samsung model. I have come to conclusion it may be the control board, as I can't find anything else that I haven't already replaced once... Or 3 times.

Im thinking its the drive motor or the main board, Kills me to say but i just went ahead and bought a new one. ����*♂️����*♂️

I have the same problem with my 4 year old Samsung Dryer.

The heating element housing on my dryer was changed out entirely 6 months ago due to a bad heating element.

I noticed the other night that the dryer was not heating again so I made a repair call.

A repair man came yesterday and looked at it and found one of the heating element wires had burned out at the crimp. He was going to just crimp on a new wire but he did not have the correct size wire crimp terminal (Female side). He's supposed to come back today with the right terminal to crimp on.

I read on another forum the cause was most likely a loose connection - probably from the replacement done 6 months ago of the heating element housing.

This wire was overheated due to a loose connection between the wire terminal and the heating element terminal. This overheating caused damage to the heating element terminal as well.
    Whenever there is a loose or bad wire connection in a high current/amperage circuit it will cause the wire connection to become hot and discolor or melt the wire. This is why new dryer elements comes with two new red wires and wire nuts. Always replace the old wires and use the new wires provided with the heating element.
    Bad, dirty or loose connections creates resistance. Resistance causes heat which causes wires or connections to get hot. Good tight connections are a must.
    I'm not looking forward to this repair. I have a feeling there is something else going on here and this repair will last another 6 months...if that!

...and to think that I actually consulted "Consumer Reports" before buying this Samsung Front Load Washer/Dryer set...and this set came highly recommended! Both have been worked on numerous times over the past 4 years. Thank-Goodness for extended warranty's! The Washer had so many issues...that Samsung just refunded me my money back on it!

My Samsung Dryer is a: DV42H5200EW/A3
    Last edited by JLROhio; 03-11-2020 at 03:11 PM.