Model Number: 106.50502990
Brand: Sears Kenmore

Hello, and thanks in advance,

I've been having a problem with the door cams on my Kenmore Elite Coldspot refrigerator. Here are the refrigerator specs:

Model: 106.50502990
Serial: SK0851189
Mfg Date: 2000.03
Type: C25SSA00

This fridge came with the house when I bought it. It is a side by side, and the freezer door closes fine, but the refrigerator door started to need a bit of an extra push to close it. I did some research, found that I needed new door cams. Ordered a new upper and lower door cam, watched a video on how to replace them, but when I put the new parts on, I noticed that when the door was shut, the cams did not line up correctly. Looked at the freezer side, they line up perfectly, so I can see how they are supposed to line up.

Took the door off and looked at any and all possible ways to adjust the cams, there are none. This was about a year ago, and now a year later the bottom cam is worn down smooth, and I'm right back where I started. Started from scratch, got new upper and lower cams, installed them, and...same exact problem, they do not line up.

Checked again to see if there is any way to adjust the cams so they fit together correctly, there is no way to adjust them. The only conclusion I can come up with is that I got the wrong cams, but I quadruple checked this time before ordering them. Here are the part numbers I went with:

Upper door closing cam: Mfg # WP2182179
Lower door closing cam: Mfg # WPW10329686

I've searched every way I can think of, and these are the part numbers that keep coming up for my refrigerator model. I've spent countless hours searching for anyone else who has had the same problem, found only one person complaining about the same thing, and the answer he got was to "adjust the top hinge to a-line (sic) the closers". It is for a different refrigerator, mine does not have a way to adjust the top hinge.

Searching for this problem on forums is hard to do, because most forums will not do a search for words of 3 letters or less, so searching for "door cam" only searches for the word "door", and I get thousands of results.

So, I'd appreciate any and all help with this problem. It's not a huge expense, I can get both cams for under $10, but I don't think I should be having to replace them every year. Also, when they get worn down, the refrigerator door ends up being left open, sometimes over night, and I'd rather not have that happen.