Thread: BMS Reset ideas- Dyson V8 Vacuum

BMS Reset ideas- Dyson V8 Vacuum

Model Number: V8
    Brand: Dyson

Hello everyone,
    Thank you in advance for your input...

- I discharged my Dyson Battery too low and so the BMS (I'm assuming has gone in to Low-Voltage-Cutoff Mode)
    Following this, I
    - Recharged the 18650 Li-ion pack manually using a DC-Power Supply.
    - I have recharged to 4.10V per cell, giving a total pack voltage of 24.6V (6x 18650 in series),
    - However, the BMS still refuses to allow the pack to charge or discharge via the Vacuum cleaner/adapter - It still doesn't work - red error LED blinking.

I was hoping that raising the pack voltage back above the minimum cut off would have reset the BMS, this doesn't appear to be the case.
    - I have also tested the continuity of the fuses on the BMS, they haven't blown.
    - I have disconnected the main +ve (top right in photo) terminal to the BMS and reconnected it.

I am wondering if there is any way to reset a BMS such as this... Would disconnecting and reconnecting ALL the of connections to the BMS make a difference?
    Other info...
    *Black and White wires - Charger +ve,-ve.
    *Blue and Brown Wires - "ON" button on Dyson to start/run the vacuum.

Looking forward to some insight and replies... Thank you so much for your help.
    Last edited by indexed; 12-28-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Hi Indexed, I'm not sure if you have found an answer to this question. I'd be grateful if you could share because it will help me solve my challenge.

Thanks.

I would Suggest you to change the model and try new one

I visited some site and got one of the best site to buy

Nw Tech Review for home page

I already had such a problem and I tried to restore it for a very long time: attributed it to the masters, repaired it myself, even gave it to my father and it didn’t work, so I urgently needed to replace it. I opened the Internet and started looking for a suitable thing, which can help me with this. Suddenly, I came across the site https://spotcarpetcleaners.com/revie...leaning-brush/ where I found great cleaners and I ordered them immediately, because I used it in this quality and I found an excellent replacement, which in the end turned out to be even better than it was. I advise you to purchase everything, you definitely will not regret it

Recently I've faced with the same problem, please, let me know how it was solved in your case. I'll follow this thread.
    Hey, I'm Alex and I'd like you to know a bit more about me. I'm an ordinary manager in a big company, in free time I write content for websites. Here is one of my recent work, you may check it if you are interested in.