Thread: Samsung top load WA45H7000AW/A2 click grind noise at beginning of spin and afterwords

Samsung top load WA45H7000AW/A2 click grind noise at beginning of spin and afterwords

Model Number: WA45H7000AW/A2
    Brand: Samsung

Hello All - sorry if this has been answered before, but I didn't happen to see it throughout the threads.
    I've got a Samsung top load washer, where there is a very annoying and load 'grinding' and 'clicking' noise. The grinding noise has been present at the beginning of the spin cycle, but was not terribly bad, however over the past few days, the 'clicking' noise now comes after the completion of a spin cycle.
    Issue 1) There is a 'grinding' kind of sound - almost like something is trying to engage - that occurs before the machine agitates the clothes. The agitator does engage, and the machine works, it just has some type of grinding noise before hand.
    Issue 2) The machine will have finished spinning and as the wash basin/drum/cylinder (whatever it's called) continues to spin there is a clicking noise that continues until the basin stops. This is a recent development (within the past couple of days) and it's very loud and annoying.
    So, I hope I've provided enough detail and I hope folks can help me out.

1. Check the lever bottom of the clutch that moves to engage/disengage the spin cycle. Also, check the small motor that is used to move the lever.

2. Check to see if something is caught between the inner and outer tubs or if the inner tub is rubbing on something.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter