Thread: amana afb2535FES Not cooling. Compressor and Evaporator Replaced

Unhappy amana afb2535FES Not cooling. Compressor and Evaporator Replaced

Model Number: afb2535FES
    Brand: Amana

Refrigerator and Freezer quit cooling. Repairman replaced evaporator. Compressor made strange sounds as if air, moisture, or both were in line. Repairman said watch for few days is still cooling. Refrigerator and Freezer began cooling less and less over a period of time. Repairman replaced compressor and recharged system. Refrigerator and Freezer quit cooling overnight. Repairman replaced evaporator again. Stopped cooling overnight. Repairman claims freon leak in lines somewhere in side panel and cannot access. Now I have an 8 year old refrigerator with new seals, compressor, evaporator, and Ice maker that he will not repair. I need help diagnosing problem, locating leak, and repairing. A diagram of the refrigeration lines would help. I do not mind cutting an access panel if access is a problem. I have a sheet metal nibbler, die grinder, hack saw, air saw, and dremel tool. I also have a leak detector, gauges, vacuum pump, DVM, and a hard head. SN/11912780LL, 2011, 115v, R134a. Any takers?

Cool Pretty please with a big fat cherry on top

Quote Originally Posted by MoovinTarget View Post
    Model Number: afb2535FES
    Brand: Amana

Refrigerator and Freezer quit cooling. Repairman replaced evaporator. Compressor made strange sounds as if air, moisture, or both were in line. Repairman said watch for few days is still cooling. Refrigerator and Freezer began cooling less and less over a period of time. Repairman replaced compressor and recharged system. Refrigerator and Freezer quit cooling overnight. Repairman replaced evaporator again. Stopped cooling overnight. Repairman claims freon leak in lines somewhere in side panel and cannot access. Now I have an 8 year old refrigerator with new seals, compressor, evaporator, and Ice maker that he will not repair. I need help diagnosing problem, locating leak, and repairing. A diagram of the refrigeration lines would help. I do not mind cutting an access panel if access is a problem. I have a sheet metal nibbler, die grinder, hack saw, air saw, and dremel tool. I also have a leak detector, gauges, vacuum pump, DVM, and a hard head. SN/11912780LL, 2011, 115v, R134a. Any takers?
    I really would appreciate some help. Pretty please with a big fat cherry on top.