Thread: GE Profile French Door Refrigerator --- water and ice under the deli tray

GE Profile French Door Refrigerator --- water and ice under the deli tray

Model Number: PFSF6PKXDWW
    Brand: GE

Not sure where to begin... but here it goes.....
    Starting about 3 years ago... I was having issues with water collecting and freezing under the deli tray. I know GE is aware of this "water and ice under the deli tray" issue, yet when I call, they still denied it. I was able to remedy that situation by purchasing a clip drain, and attached it to the heating coil that is inside the fridge located behind that Evaporator Cover. However, that only seemed to work for about a year. In the interim, I would take the Evaporator Cover off.... about every two months .... and defrost the fridge, and run hot water down the drain area until it flowed freely. (I attached a pic of the clip drain, that I attached to the heat coil)

But today.... I noticed a new issue. There was water and ice once again under the deli-tray. When I took the evaporator cover off ... the drain tray was dry, but at the bottom of the fridge .... where the Motor Damper and Cover piece is unit is.... there was a ice mountain forming.... and when I finally was able to take it off... it was completely filled with ice (as you can see by the photo).

Even though the drain tray was dry.... I still had to run hot water thru it, because it was still frozen as "some point" along the drain line. It just did not make sense why the drain tray was not full of ice itself... like it was always in the past.

So... I don't know if I have "two" issues going on now. It sure seems like it.

I appreciate any help and suggestions that I can get from anyone.

Thank you all so much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What it looked like after I removed the Motor and Damper cover..jpg   Small ice mountain developed below the Cover.jpg   This is just a picture of the drain clip, that I attached to the heater coil..jpg   Motor Damper and Cover, full of ice.jpg   Drain Tray dry, but only the visible part..jpg  

Last edited by tomblue88; 02-06-2019 at 06:20 PM.

I’m having a similar issue. Were you able to resolve this?

Check that no objects are contacting the fresh food compartment's walls. A clogged condensate drain line is usually causing this problem. When the freezer defrosts, the water has nowhere to go and flows down the back of the fridge. Inspect the fresh food compartment's door gasket for a suitable sealing to the compartment's top. For proper operation of the device, cleaning the condenser coils completely might help.