Thread: water dispenser and ice maker

water dispenser and ice maker

Model Number: ED2KHAXVQ01
    Brand: Whirlpool

Recently my icemaker started to overflow. This happened once before. Changing the filter seemed to "cure" it.

It started again, so I bought a new filter. Before installing it, I removed the ice maker to insure nothing was frozen.

With no filter in place, the water dispenser continued working.

After reinstalling the ice maker and new filter, I get no water to the ice maker or the water dispenser. The dispenser hums when asking for water. Removed new filter, thinking maybe it was faulty, put old filter back in, still no water and the hum.

The laser optics appear to be fine.

Appreciate any ideas or guidance.

Thanks
    Jim

Jim,

I think you might have two separate issues going on. For the problem of the nothing coming out of the dispenser after installing the new filters, I think that might be caused by a bad water filter housing. There is an internal valve inside the water filter housing that can go bad. It sounds to me like this valve is not properly working to switch the water flow between when no filter is installed and when a water filter is installed.

The ice maker overflowing problem could be a bad water inlet valve or a bad ice maker. Most commonly the water inlet valve will fail and start to leak water when the ice maker is not calling for water. To test for this you can turn off the ice maker and check to see if water still fills up inside the ice maker while it is off over a 24 hour time period. The ice maker is what sends power to the water valve and it could be energizing the water valve for too long causing it to overflow.

Let us know what you find.

These are the parts for your model:

Water Filter Housing - Part # PD00004753 (mfg # W10121138)

Ice Maker Assembly - Part # PD00003172 (mfg # W10190961)

Water Inlet Valve Kit - Part # PD00002888 (mfg # W10408180)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks for the quick response. Will check these out and let you know. thanks again

speak fluent english

Convo online free center gives all students the best offer ever, it helps them to perfect English language by using easy tips , that way facilitates a lot and save the time and also prevent the boredom of long time learning and this is the best path to speaking English confidently , so don't miss this attractive chance and come to join now. Speak Fluent English