Thread: Samsung Dryer shutting off after 2 minutes

Question Samsung Dryer shutting off after 2 minutes

Model Number: DV42H5000EW
    Brand: Samsung

Okay, so after approximately 2 minutes on Sensir dry (no matter the setting) my dryer chimes that it's ready. On timed dry it's drying, but only after adjusting the time to 60 mins. Some loads need double dry time.

Have done lots if searching for answers.
    First, I had the ducts professionally cleaned including the dryer vent.
    Secondly, I replaced the Thermostat to no avail.
    Finally, I replaced the Heating Element, Fuse and Thermostat (again, just to make sure the 1st wasn't a dud.)

No changes with these repairs.
    Now, I'm a renter and this is the landlords set, so I was trying to fix it myself in order to save him $ on a service diagnostic call. (And we sold our set prior to moving in.)
    What is the issue? Too many guesses online....would like to be certain before going forward.

So after 2 minutes the dryer changes to 1 minute and then stops no matter which setting I have it on. I am very good about changing the dryer vent. I did manage to vacuum out some lint from the receptacle that holds the lint filter. It just started this today and I would like to know if anyone has had this same problem? I just replaced my Samsung Washer from the spider arm breaking, the dryer is 7 yrs. old & should definitely last longer than that. I appreciate any advice anyone can give me so that I don't have to try a bunch of things. In that case I might as well buy a new dryer.